Flea Market Fun


I ventured out to the Alemany Flea Market this past weekend, hoping it was the day I'd find the perfect area rug for our living room. As some of you know, this has been an ongoing search for us! The usual "rug guy" wasn't there, and I only came across one potential ... but the colors weren't quite right.

I did, however, come home with a couple of great finds which I'm VERY excited about ....

Moroccan table:

Yep - it found an instant home in our living room, and I LOVE it. I've often looked at tables like this, and they've always been out of my price range. This one is missing a few small pieces but that's a trade-off that works for me! If imperfect means I save a few hundred dollars ... I'll take it!

After a trip to load the table into my car, I circled back to this chair which I had been eyeing during my first stroll through the vendors' booths. A bit of bartering and it was mine!

I've been on the lookout for armchairs to replace the two we currently have in our living room, mainly because they're too large for the space. I always love the look of old chairs reupholstered with some funky fabric. Like this BEAUTIFUL ikat ...


I'm not sure whether I'll paint it. I love the wood but paint (black? white? other?) would give it a nice update.

One of my favorite features is the fabric panel on the back, which will allow me to use two different fabrics - can't wait to find the perfect contrasting patterns!

And believe it or not, my weekend treasure-hunting adventures did not end at the flea market! On Monday morning I headed over to Building REsources with my friend Joscelyn and my sister Mary. My mission was to find hardware for a desk I recently painted (more on that later!). The thing is, you never know what you might stumble upon (or dig for :)) during an adventure such as this.

This time, it was a BEAUTIFUL carved solid oak headboard! Oh my goodness - I'm so in love with it ... and leave you in suspense for now, because I've no pictures yet and we left the biggest piece there to pick up this weekend. And I'm proud to say I bartered for this as well. :)

free chair - i'm digging the rustic look

The headboard wasn't all we found ... we managed to fill Joscelyn's SUV with some of the headboard pieces, a bookshelf for Mary, a tray for Josc, and 4 dining chairs which they threw in for free! I'm a sucker for free. The chairs will be another reupholstering project - yippee!! Oh, the fun I'll have with fabric in the coming weeks. I promise to share pictures of everything soon!

1 comments:

Lilac Barries September 3, 2010 at 8:57 AM  

This was such a fun day, oh the treasures to be found with a little digging! let me know when you go in search of fabric, I would love to come pet fabric with you!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP