Project with Mom

While in Michigan with my husband this past June visiting our families, I helped my mom with a little project. My parents have a large wall in their bedroom which she wasn't sure what to do with. I was convinced we could design a collection of artwork which would make a statement, and on a bargain budget!

During the weeks leading up to my trip, I began scouring for frames (at Goodwill, etc.) which would work well for the project I had in mind. We both went through photos and collected the ones we thought would work well. My mom has quite the collection of crosses, and we planned to include some of these as well.

When we arrived and I mentioned the project to my mother-in-law, she brought out some beautiful old frames which she had recently come across during an organizing project, and which happened to coordinate perfectly! A trip to Hobby Lobby set us up with the matting we needed, and we were ready to get started....


me having some exacto fun


photo of a tile in Carmel; frame from mother-in-law

photo of staircase in Carmel; frame from Goodwill

crafty mom

my brother even joined the fun


We first laid everything out on the floor and played around with different arrangements.

And, the finished project! ...





I'm very happy with the way it turned out, and more importantly, so are my parents!

Lastly, I'll leave you with this little guy - I just love him! I moved him to this desk in the bedroom from a shelf in the kitchen where he wasn't receiving the attention he deserves ... so cute!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP