Flowers, cards and pretty little trays


What a great Saturday it has been - the perfect mix of productivity and relaxation.

dreamy bougainvillea

Some highlights....

The weather was beautiful this morning which inspired me to garden a bit. My sweet husband brought home a few plants on Valentine's Day, including this birds of paradise plant:

In case you're unfamiliar, here's how they look when blooming (beautiful, right?):


I picked up some bougainvillea while out and about this morning. I've been wanting to plant some since we moved in (about a year and a half ago)... very exciting to finally get around to it! I decided to go with the smallest size, since they're supposed to be fast growers - I sure hope so! The small size also meant a super bargain price, which contributed to my decision. :)

They're sort of itty bitty now (maybe 18 inches)....

But I hope they soon look like this!


I planted them on the two back corners of our backyard, along the fence. The great part is that they're visible from our living room, and of course I'm loving the views of bright pink (soon to be a sea of bright pink!).

Then, while browsing blogland today I came across these awesome business cards from this shop on etsy. (I found them via Abbey's blog.) Thinking of ordering some when the time is right.

I really like the zigzag, but I think an ikat is for me. :)



And I just have to share these seriously adorable trinket dishes which were a birthday gift from a friend.

(apologies for the poor quality iphone photos!)

orange:

and brown:
I LOVE the moroccan-ish design, and I especially love how versatile they are - within a week's time they've already had a couple of homes around the house (although I think at least one of them needs to be a constant staple with the jewelry). :) I love accessories which allow the flexibility to rearrange quickly when the mood strikes and I need to mix things up. This is true for textiles, little dishes/bowls, candleholders, vases, etc.

May the rest of your weekend be full of beautiful things!

3 comments:

Grammy Pammy March 6, 2011 at 4:43 AM  

Thanks for the beautiful post! The only place we can see bird of paradise and bougainvillea in Wisconsin is inside a greenhouse, especially right now--it's only 14 degrees!

Take care. Our best to you and Tim.

City Dude. Metaphysical Attitude. March 12, 2011 at 9:22 PM  

Love this post! So happy and wonderful. LOVE bougainvillea and think it will look great in your garden! Hope to have our garden looking as good as yours :) Gracie and I planted yesterday and had a blast. Can't wait to get some wine barrels and plant our herbs and veggies! Your home is inspiring!

Ellie P. March 12, 2011 at 9:23 PM  

oops! Logged in as Jay before :) LOL

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP