Ginger Jar Lamps

Recently found these beauties at Salvation Army.

Pair:

And single green one:

I really like all three in their current state... but am also a bit tempted to paint them. :)

Inspired by these....

Always a sucker for cobalt!!

Hard to pass up turquoise too :)

Can't beat the freshness of that yello! And the gray shades ground the intensity perfectly.

I really love the bright colors (no surprise there!) but also am a bit sentimental about altering their current, most likely original, state. I don't usually hesitate to update something if it means it will work better for a room or project, but for some reason I'm responding to these in a different way. It could be that the way they are currently seems to have a little more character to me than they would if they were modernized with a bright color. Character always speaks to me. But I'll admit I'm torn, given my love for bright colors!

What do you think? Keep them as-is ... or infuse with a boost of color?

4 comments:

Grammy Pammy March 17, 2011 at 7:03 PM  

Well, being a big fan of blue, I vote for cobalt with turquoise coming in a distant second.

LOVE your blog. I gave up Facebook for Lent so I'm "keeping track" of you via the blog. You have such an eye and zest for color. Thanks for sharing!

Greetings to you and Tim from Wisconsin where it is almost spring (thank God!).

Kim April 12, 2011 at 12:52 PM  

COLOR! Out with the old... in with the new color. Have fun. (p.s... I heart the yellow)

Sasha July 1, 2011 at 8:51 PM  

Gorgeous inspiration, now following!x Sasha

Sasha July 1, 2011 at 8:51 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP